An interesting internal role working on both Projects and Operations for a global business with operations in over 50 countries.
The projects are local (UK, Europe, Middle East and Africa) and Global and involve the delivery of new IT services, upgrading current infrastructure and working on Global IT directives.
Project related activities include;
- Undertake small to medium sized server and infrastructure related projects and provide LLD to HLD design for implementations.
- Work with external vendors and colleagues in Asia and USA on delivery of Global IT initiatives.
- Propose and implement design changes to network environments as required.
- Conduct occasional business trip to European, Middle East, and Africa based branch offices.
Operationally you will be part of an EMEA support team and provide 3rd line support on both Server and Network related technical issues;
- Act as server support engineer in a fast-paced helpdesk environment.
- Support and troubleshoot network related technical issues.
- Document operational procedures, manual creation etc.
- Manage 3rd parties for changes & implementations where necessary.
- This role would suit a candidate with experience in larger enterprise sized environments.
- 5-10 years of technical experience with increasing responsibility.
- Experience of a fast-paced corporate support environment.
- Extensive experience of server support, design and implementation.
- Experience of a multi-site networked IT environment.
- Excellent server troubleshooting skills.
- Possess a solid understanding of general networking technologies and protocols.
- Project management is an advantage.
- Windows OS & Server experience.
- LAN/WAN Networking (Cisco, Silver Peak etc)
- IT Security
- Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM).
- Group Policy Skills
- Office 365
- Salary (Euro) €50.000 ~ €70.000