This is a Director level position, but the focus is hands-on technical ability then leadership. There is huge growth potential and the company are planning on building a new product development team to support this function, along with existing teams both internally and externally.
In this role, you will function as the Lead Architect of cloud application platform research and development. Defining the next generation of cloud application engine and application serverless and middleware components architecture. With a strong emphasis on cloud application platform and tooling including cloud application development, deployment and application integration platform domains.
- Knowledge of PaaS (Platform as a service) and iPaaS (Integration platform as a service)
- cloud middleware (e.g. application transformation, messaging, serverless and function, microservices and blockchain technologies)
- Application integration (e.g. business integration and AI integration) areas.
- Define the next generation application platform and tools
- Design microservices or new cloud function implemented architecture, which is easy to integrate to the whole solution.
- Research product requirements, leverage the latest serverless and container technologies, the latest application integration technologies and the most scalable messaging systems.
- Analyzing technology trends and presenting these to engineering and product management teams for review.
- Propose and implement prototypes to validate technology or architectural choices
QUALIFICATIONS & Experience
- Extensive experience in leading cloud platform and cloud native application design.
- Serverless architecture, (AWS Lambda functions/Serverless applications and SAM; Google Cloud functions and/or Microsoft Azure functions)
- Innovative and passionate about creating, designing and implementing groundbreaking ideas.
- Deep knowledge of current cloud application engine architecture and microservices architecture.
- Experience in working with product development teams.
- Passionate about research and learning new trends and technologies.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Master and above degree or extensive research background would be useful.
Location is Canada, Ontario or British Columbia
Full relocation and sponsorship provided.